Call or Whatsapp us at +65 8200 3255 now!

Blog Post

Convert to drive for Grab Uber

How to convert car to Z10 for Private Hire Grab or Gojek

Do you want to convert your personal car to LTA Z10 to drive for Grab / Gojek?

Most Singapore car drivers can convert their personal cars to Z10 to drive for Grab, without the need to refinance or pay their car loans fully! We will show you steps by steps on how to convert to Z10.

Any private car driver in Singapore who has an outstanding loan falls under one of these two categories:

  1. You took up a car loan.

This means you borrowed money from a bank, Finance Company or Moneylender (most companies with the words “credit” or “capital” in their names are by definition, Legal Moneylenders)

This means that, on paper, you are the registered owner of the vehicle you are driving.

  1. You took up a hire-purchase loan.

This means a hire-purchase company owns the car you are driving until you clear your loan.

For the second case (hire-purchase loan), you cannot convert the vehicle you are driving UNLESS the hire-purchase company agrees to convert it.

For the first case (car loans by banks, finance companies etc), you can go ahead and convert your own vehicle on your own by going to LTA allowed conversion even if you have outstanding loans, and you can do it online by yourself! There is no need to register a business too as you can do it under your own personal name. The full DIY instructions and screenshots are given later in this article.

If you are unsure what kind of loan you took, please email us at or whatsapp James from Timely Enterprise at 82003255 for an obligation-free consultation.

Car drivers with car loans – you can convert to Z10 on LTA website

Assuming you fall under the first case ie credit loan, you DO NOT need to refinance your vehicle to convert its classification to make it usable for Private Hire.

LTA has confirmed that cars with outstanding car loans can reclassify their cars to Z10.

LTA confirmation no need refinance loans

LTA confirmation no need refinance loans

However, you will need to get the correct kind of insurance (commonly known as “commercial insurance”) before you convert your vehicle online.

Commercial Insurance to drive for Grab / Gojek

Here are some important things to know about such “commercial insurance” matters:

  1. You do not need to register your vehicle to a business entity. It can be under a personal name.
  2. However, if it is under a personal name, ONLY the policy holder is covered. It may be possible to add named drivers but the premium will most likely be affected. This is important to note for those who wish to share the vehicle with others to perform private-hire activities.
  3. Just like private car insurance, there is usually an accident excess involved. An “excess” is the amount of money the insured must pay out of their own pocket before the insurance company pays the rest of the claims on top of it. Eg. if your claim is $1000 and your accident excess is $500, you must pay $500 while the insurer pays the other $500.
  4. In relation to point 3, “commercial insurance” has a much higher excess than most private car insurance. Usually, the excess is also split into two sections:
    1. Section 1 means claiming for your own damages
    2. Section 2 means a third party(parties) claiming damages against you

The usual excess used by rental companies are around the range of $1,500 to $5,000 for both section 1 and 2 respectively. The excess is usually dependent on the make and model of the vehicle.

  1. The premiums for “commercial insurance” are also more expensive than the average private car insurance as the risks involved in private hire are higher, as well as claims experience being very high over the past few years for insurance companies that sell “commercial insurance”

To get a competitive quote for suitable car insurance, please whatsapp James from Timely Enterprise at 82003255 for an obligation-free consultation or email us at

DIY Steps with screenshots on how to convert to Z10 / Z11

As promised earlier, here is a list of step by step instructions if you wish to convert your vehicle to Z10/Z11 classification on LTA website

Please click here to know how to convert to Z10 and drive for Gojek and Grab.

Z10 Conversion- LTA Eservices for Asset Owners

Z10 Conversion- LTA Eservices for Asset Owners

Start Driving for Gojek or Grab

You can find your own car at or when you have a car model in mind, you can contact Timely Enterprise for hire purchase, we will advise and help you the best way to be either Gojek or Grab, earning the most income with the least costs. We will help you with the steps as we know all these can be frustrating and difficult. Not only that, due to our experience and scales, we are able to provide you with low cost solution! We profit only when you earn more!

Whatsapp or call James now at 82003255 to start your driving!

Comments (21)

  1. Patricia Koh November 15, 2017 at 11:46 am Reply

    Hi can i know if I convert my personal car to Z10 and under commercial insurance, would it affect the PARF rebate amount at the end of the 10yrs?

    1. admin November 20, 2017 at 11:37 am Reply

      Hi, it would not. As PARF value is guaranteed by government, regardless of what purpose you use it for. Feel free to contact us if you require any assistance with private hire insurance!

  2. Alex Lam December 28, 2017 at 3:12 pm Reply

    Recently bought a renew COE car and loan with the car dealer. Can i join with Grabcar drive?

    1. admin March 4, 2018 at 7:35 pm Reply

      Hi Alex. Yes we can assist you with that. Do email us at

  3. lynn kee December 28, 2017 at 4:44 pm Reply

    Hi can ballon scheme car used to driver uber?

    1. admin March 4, 2018 at 7:34 pm Reply

      Yes. And also for self-use cars that are not for uber/grab.

  4. NG Hui Tong January 19, 2018 at 2:46 pm Reply

    Dear James,

    I’m driving a COE car, can I change my insurance to commercial and convert it to used as private hire car?

    Can u quote me the insurance if can convert.


    1. admin March 4, 2018 at 7:30 pm Reply

      Sure. Please email us at or whatsapp us at +65 8200 3255

  5. Mdm Kamisab February 23, 2018 at 7:55 pm Reply

    Hi I intyend to transform my persinal car to Z10. Its a Renew 5yrs COE Car.
    Is it posaible? Hiw about the insurance? Is it transferable if i drive uber?

    1. admin March 4, 2018 at 7:38 pm Reply

      Yes it is possible. We are able to assist you on the insurance and pro rated insurance will be returned to you. Do email us at or whatsapp us at +65 8200 3255

  6. Gerald March 9, 2018 at 11:16 pm Reply


    I just renewed my coe and noted it’s a hire purchase agreement with uob bank.

    Can I convert to z10 ?

  7. Teo Yong Seng March 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm Reply

    Hi James
    How can I change my vehicle from V10 back to normal vehicle. what is the procedure?
    thank you

  8. Azhar March 28, 2018 at 11:12 pm Reply

    Hi im driving a coe car reg date 2006 is it possible to convert to phv?

  9. norheedhir April 13, 2018 at 10:38 am Reply

    I intend to convert my car to Z10 so as to allow my brother to drive the my car as grab driver. Can the rest of the his family member drive the car too? The rest of the family members are not Grab driver. Will this affect the insurance cost? I intend to name 2 drivers for Grab for the car.


  10. Andy May 6, 2018 at 1:11 am Reply

    Hi do i need to apply for PDVL if i am just providing limousine service but not driving for grab/uber? Thanks

  11. Smith June 4, 2018 at 8:00 pm Reply

    hi James, why my car can not be coverted toZ10. May I knw my car loan company info?

  12. Ian hashim July 23, 2018 at 2:38 pm Reply

    Hi sir. May i know. What is the criteria needed for a car before we can convert it to pte hire.? Can a coe car be converted too?

  13. Francis September 1, 2018 at 5:35 pm Reply

    Hi james
    I planned to convert my car with bank loan to drive as private hire car. After conversion, can other driver drive this car?with the new insurance. Thanks

  14. Tone December 21, 2018 at 9:08 pm Reply


    If I own an OPC car, can I convert to Z10?

  15. Sean December 22, 2018 at 12:33 pm Reply

    Hi, I intend to convert my 2-year old diesel engine passenger vehicle to Z10 and wonder will there be any penalty imposed by LTA for the conversion? Please advice with thanks.

  16. Robin Tan January 15, 2019 at 7:31 pm Reply

    im currently driving a 9 year old plus nissan sunny registered under my name. if i wan to start driving for grap, can share wif me the steps needed, how much more will the insurance premium

    Robin Tan 91915135

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related Posts

Continental Cars or Japanese Cars in Singapore
Continental car or Japanese brand in Singapore? Pros & Cons to choose

Table of ContentsWhat are continental cars brands in Singapore?Disadvantages of continental cars in SingaporeAdvantages

Everyone loves BMWs
Why drive continental car in Singapore and pay the lowest interest!

As fellow business owners, maybe you will ask us does it make sense to

Everyone loves BMWs
Best cars to drive for Uber or Grab 2017

Do you drive for Uber or Grab with your PDVL? Or are you thinking

Grabhitch- Everyone is happy
What is Grab Hitch and Grabhitch FAQ

GrabHitch is an app that promotes social carpooling. Drivers who are heading to a

Grabhitch Insurance
Grabhitch Insurance- Are you covered?

Table of ContentsGrabhitch- does your car insurance covers Grabhitch?Grab – PA insurance for GrabHitch

Traffic Police Demerit Points
PDVL Demerit Points by LTA

Table of ContentsDo note that the following seems to be rumours of consideration by

uber grab PDVL driver
Grab / Gojek drivers- Obtaining PDVL

Table of ContentsPDVL – it does NOT tie driver to Grab or GojekPDVL License-